Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dossier Off to China!

Last Thursday, July 12th, our fully authenticated I-800A approval arrived at our agency, then they shipped the entire dossier to China!!! Whoo Hoo! So thankful it's finally on it's way. Looks like we won't get to see referrals until the August list, but I still have hope for July. However, I'm very thankful that the Spirit has given us faith in God's timing being perfect! We only want to see a referral when it's the right time. Our case worker informed us that the list is most often released the last Monday of each month around 6:00 pm. Please be praying for us to be filled with the Spirit to have discernment in this process. It's a tremendous blessing to know that God has ordained this child to be ours from the beginning of time and will lead us to them. Praise God for His Sovereignty and mercy in sending us the Spirit!

I'm currently reading Attaching in Adoption by Deborah Gray and The Connected Child by Dr. Karyn Purvis. They are both a bit overwhelming as I think about where our child is now and what she/he is experiencing each day. However, God has continued to remind me that His grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in weakness.

I can only imagine how hard the wait will be once we're matched. However, yesterday I do feel the yearning started a bit. As I was walking down the hall at work, I just had this overwhelming desire to go get our child....to start loving, protecting, feeding, and rocking her/him. Once again, I'm reminded that God doesn't make mistakes. We'll wait.

I'll keep you posted on the referral!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers