Thursday, June 4, 2009

God's Mercy

Well this past Monday marked the fourth round of lay-offs for Nathan's company. Nathan made it!!! God is so gracious to let us stay there. However, more than the obvious reasons of a paycheck, insurance benefits, Nathan's assurance, comfort, etc. ; I'm overwhelmed with how thankful I am of God's leading. Of course He's always leading us, but I feel very confident that His plan for us right now is to be in Norcross. I guess the main work in that sentence is "feel". It's not good to rely soley on feelings, but when The Truth and our feelings match up leading to worship, it's pretty great. On another note. This past weekend we celebrated Nathan's 10th year out of high school with a reunion of school mates in Clayton. It was great fun getting to catch up/meet (for me) with folks, some of whom Nathan hadn't seen in 10 years. The girls were extremely friendly and easy to get to know. I miss the hospitality of small towns. At one point we managed to be the only childless couple in a discussion on lamaze classes. As the discussion grew more and more personal then crossing over the line into a world a man with no child should ever be exposed to, I had this great urge to just cover Nathan's ears. Wow! I thought I knew most things about childbirth from friends, but I had definitely missed out on this one. Think we might skip those classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers