Monday, June 22, 2009

Almost forgot about this thing

It's been a long time since my last post. Sort of forgot about it with my recent obsession with Rick Steves. His website now dominates all my spare time as I read every morsal of information I can get on Italy before our trip. Only 10 days left according to my countdown on my work calendar. I love crossing off those days!! However, I grew sad last night thinking about the let down after the trip is over. I hope the actual trip will be as fun as the planning. Nathan has been traveling Monday-Friday for the last 4 weeks. Man, I'm missing him. We're on week 5 of 5 right now and I'm so thankful this morning was the last Monday I'll have to say goodbye for a while. While I'm so thankful for his job and his desire to do well in the position God has called him to, it's just hard to be apart. Praise God he brings hard things to make us grow and depend on Him. God has been so gracious to provide time to grow closer to girls in my life in Atlanta. I feel more at home here than I ever have.

Well, two bigs events occured since my last post. Nathan and I got to meet our most precious new nephew for the first time and our other precious nephew, Rob, turned 7! Reece Corbitt Anderson was born on May 26, weighing 7 lb. 14 oz. and 19 inches long. Nathan and I made a whirl wind trip to visit him 10 days after his birth. He is adorable! I was most overwhelmed with how small he is. His tiny hands, feets, fingernails, and toes! Pictures will come soon. Also, on June 18th Rob turned 7! He had a swim party and a bowling party. We were sad we couldn't make it, but got to send a little something to know how thankful we are for his creation and celebration of his life.

Hopefully, I'll keep this more up to date and get to share Italy pictures soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers